
An Excerpt from a deaar friends blog
"In celebration of my new blog designed by Small Bird Studio Butterfly Kisses for Angel Alyssa Marie (me) would like to start a new award!! The award is called the "Butterfly Award" and it represents the change you go through after your loss.
Unfortunately butterflies no longer remind me just of my daughter. They also remind me of ME. Before Alyssa I was just someone else (a caterpillar) living life and after I lost her I changed, I morphed, I BECAME my very own butterfly. I can not be ME today without having gone through what I have been through after losing Alyssa. Just like a butterfly can NEVER go back to being a caterpillar, I ad you can never go back to the days of being a naive pregnant woman. We can not go back to the time where we were not baby loss mommas. So THIS award is to be given to someone who has changed in your eyes. Someone that through their journey have become a different person today. I encourage the winner to follow lead and present the award upon receiving it. The rules with THIS award are that you have to award someone who has changed into a "butterfly" through their journey in your eyes."
Thanks Ann, I will go forth with the challenge and give my award to a much deserving individual. This person has been extremely welcoming and very kind in my time of need, so much so that my family has even noticed how this person has affected my life. I have seen her pain turn into triumph over the past several months. While she has moments of weekness she continues to be there for all who are around her. She has gone from a point where she did not want to remain here, but wanted to be with her child, to now being at a point where she knows a new beginning could help a great deal. Without further ado I present this award to none other than Ann @angelalyssamarie.blogspot.com You have come a mighty long way and I am so proud of where you are now. We all have a long way to go but I can see, hear, and feel a change in you. I will continue to pray for you and Anthony as you begin your new journey together. (Have fun!!!!) I cherish the conversations we have had together, I find that when I call to lift you up you end up bringing me out of a rough patch.
As for me today was a little bit rough. My Kindergarten promotional was today and it was very emotional. I started crying at the beginning of the program as I watched a parent sitting on the front row constantly rubbing her swollen belly. Little did I know she was one of my parents and I had to see her all day. That was hard as she looked like she is about as far along or maybe a little further than myself. It is hard enough I have to watch a colleage toddle along everyday. (she is due like next week) While I am happy for her and her three healthy pregnancies I cant help but to feel like she is taunting almost her healthy cervix. Then I realize that those thoughts are just the adversaries way of tempting me to have feelings of envy. I refuse to allow her joy to be my grief. I am happy however that my parents were very understanding and even tried to make sure that I was ok after I excused myself to have a good cry in the teachers lounge. I will continue to allow myself to feel and not bottle feelings up. Thanks for making sure that I know it is ok to let myself let go.

Congratulations on Ann's beautiful award! I'm sorry you had a tough day today. I hope tomorrow is better. (((HUGS)))
ReplyDeleteAHHHH Thanks talisa!! I know EXACTLY who is going to get this award today ;)
ReplyDeleteAs for today I am happy your parents are there for you....good support system is very important!!
Bless your heart....hard enough to have to let your sweet kinders go but to deal with the emotion of the parents as well...I can't imagine. SEVERAL of my parents were due around the time or not too far after Matthew was born and I know if I had to continue to deal with them, it would be hard. Very hard.
ReplyDeleteAntoinette's award is wonderful!!!
xoxo